Friday, October 9, 2009

For the pet lovers out there...

Chris and I have come to realize that we aren't really pet lovers...we just love our dog Molly. Since we moved back to Texas, Molly has been staying with Chris' Aunt and Uncle, and we have been dogless for a few months. We were in an apartment, then moving into the house, and it was really nice of them to help us out while we were in transition. I was getting used to it...and even beginning to think that we should let them keep her if they wanted to. Well, we got her back a week ago, and I realized how much we missed her. The kids love her and Annie has played with Molly constantly. I've even caught Molly sitting on Cason's lap a time or two! On Tuesday, Molly got out somehow, and her collar had fallen off in the house (of course), so with Chris out of town I gathered up the kids and drove around the neighborhood yelling her name. No luck! I knocked on all of my neighbors doors, but no one had seen her. I couldn't bear to drive onto the busy street behind us...just in case she was...you know. I was so upset, and I didn't know what else to do. Anyway, I took the kids home to feed Cason, and Annie and I made "lost dog" signs. On our way to put up the signs, I saw a woman and her daughter walking their dog...and Molly! Thankfully they had picked her up several streets away from our house. I was so happy! I never knew how much I really cared about the dog until she was gone! So...as of yesterday she has a microchip. Yes, I know that sounds a little funny, but it is really neat! It was only $44, and then $14 to register her online. If you move, you go online and change your info, but the microchip doesn't have to be removed again. Now they can just scan her to get her info. So, if you have a pet that you really care about and don't have a microchip, I highly recommend one!

home...safe and sound

5 comments:

  1. I found a dog once that had been lost after Katrina in Houston. Believe it or not, the dog had one of those tags too. The story is a little long, but worth it...just weird all the way around. Long story, short: I was able to find the owners because of the tag.

    Glad to hear Molly is back home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry!

    I love the blog! I am so glad you started one! YEAH! I know how it feels to lose your dog, you know how sad we were when we thought Maggie was gone! We haven't been smart enough to put the chip in yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't blogging cathartic? I am tickled to be able to catch up with you and your precious family. We just had our first baby and are enjoying life so much! www.sweetereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary! I'm so glad she's back home. We microchipped our dog, too, although I don't think it was that expensive. Probably bc we were already paying to get her fixed and they just did it at the same time! :) And how on EARTH can you not be dog people? I would rescue a million dogs if Chad would let me...good thing I have him to keep me straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We still look at Molly as the perfect dog. Anytime we see a dog, we compare him/her to Molly...glad you found her!

    ReplyDelete