Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recipe

I decided to post this recipe because we LOVE it and I have made it quite a lot lately! My friend Jill gave me this recipe, and I think about her every time I make it! (miss you Jill!) Here it is:

White Chicken Chili

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 med onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 4oz can mild green chilies, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
2 16 oz cans great northern beans
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste
sour cream and grated cheese for garnish

Over medium high heat, heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, cayenne pepper, and oregano and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans, chicken, and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Serve over tortilla chips or with cornbread (we use chips). Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment