Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy January...

We have had a busy month! Here is a little of what we did in January:

The Smiths - Our good friends, Todd and Adrienne Smith, and their kids Saige and Cy come to visit us a couple of weeks ago. We became friends when we both lived in Midland, TX. Now they live in Frisco, TX, so we are a little closer! The kids had a blast and just played and played! Adrienne and I took the girls to see a movie, and enjoyed some "girl time". We had a great weekend!

Saige, Annie, and Cy...just being silly!

Tea Party - Annie loves to have tea parties in her room, so one night while Chris was out of town, I decided we would have a real tea party. Annie was SOOO excited! She got all of her little plastic tea cups and plates out and I washed all of them. I also got out a special tea set that Great-Grandma Garrett gave her. It is a real tea set that Chris' mom played with growing up, so that was a special treat for Annie. Annie set both the dining room table and the kitchen table. In the kitchen we had strawberries, oreos, and apple juice. In the dining room we had chocolate milk, strawberries, and cookies. We put the chocolate (ovaltine) in the sugar bowl and each made our own chocolate milk. Annie loved it and I enjoyed getting to be a part of her special tea party!


setting the table for the tea party

pouring the milk...and being so careful!




mixing the chocolate (ovaltine) in the milk


The kids - Annie is just as sweet as can be! I can hardly believe she is going to be 4 years old in a few months! She is just an absolute joy and I love spending my days with her. Cason will be a little one-year-old in a month and is as busy as can be! He loves to crawl, climb, and get into things he isn't supposed to get into! He LOVES water, and he doesn't care where the water comes from...Molly's dog bowl, the bathtub, the toilet...he couldn't care less as long as it's water! I have to really watch him, because he will sneak off to go find water when I'm not looking!

The kids are really starting to play together more, now that Cason is able to crawl around and stand up. One of his favorite things to do is to play with Annie in her kitchen. Annie likes to cook and Cason likes to wash the dishes. Here they are busy in the kitchen!

Here are a few more pictures of the kids!



Annie loves feeding her baby Cinderella...and Cason just follows her everywhere! Big sisters are sooo cool!

Hurry...take the picture Mommy...before Cason gets away!





My sweet blue-eyed little boy...a little bit sneaky, but so so sweet!


New Haircut - I got a new haircut, and I must have felt brave because I decided in the salon to get the same haircut the girl ahead of me was getting. It's not like me to venture out! I really like it and am happy to have something different!

Chris' turns 31 - Chris turned 31 on January 26th! We had a little birthday party at home and went out to eat at Outback. I should have gotten a babysitter so that we could actually enjoy our food. For those of you who have kids, you know what I mean! We get to the restraunt and Annie is yelling to everyone, "It's my Daddy's birthday!" We are really working on using an inside voice. We imediately say to our waiter, "We just want to order everything at once." So we order our 1/2 order of cheese fries (yes we know they are horrible for us but mmmmm...so good!), drinks, and entree's. We also tell the waiter that if the kids food is ready first, to just go ahead and bring it. So we get our salads before the cheese fries, busily try to keep the kids happy and fed, and try to keep Annie from eating 2 loaves of bread and hurting herself with all of the forks on the table! Life is always entertaining!

Happy 31st Birthday Chris!

2 comments:

  1. Love the update MC! Your family is just beautiful. Cason sounds like a fun little guy and Annie sounds as precious as ever! By the way, I LOVE the new haircut. I'm pretty sure you could wear just about anything and look beautiful! And yes, I could picture every bit of dinner that you described. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cason is getting so big. Man, they grow up fast. Good for you on the haircut. I am so NOT brave when it comes to that. It's ponytail or bust for me! ;) Jennifer Brackeen (it won't let me login for some reason. :) )

    ReplyDelete