Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Retail Therapy

I used to buy just what I needed for the week...two rolls of paper towels, a regular size bag of diapers, etc. My friends have tried to convince me that buying in bulk can save you money, but I never liked having to find a place to put all of the paper towels and toilet paper. Well, I finally gave in and got a membership to Sam's in December. I would have chosen Costco but there isn't one here in Beaumont (Costco is way better!). I made my now monthly trip to Sam's yesterday, and I really am starting to see where I can save money. Some things are not such a great deal...I don't need three cans of scrubbing bubbles! But I think some things are a great deal...like the rotisserie chicken I bought for $4.98 (I spend $6.98 at HEB!)! While I was shopping I was thinking, why does it feel so good to shop? I am one of those that really feels like shopping is therapeutic! Chris has asked me about retail therapy before, and he just doesn't understand. To be honest, I don't really understand! I went to Target earlier today...the place where I get the most therapy! I enjoy just walking around and looking at everything from furniture, toys, baby items...you name it! I usually try to stay away from the children's clothing, but today I just wanted to wander through and look. Now I am sitting at home looking at these two adorable dresses for Annie and cute little outfit for Cason and thinking, what happened! I just went in for pledge mutlisurface and overnight diapers! For whatever reason, retail therapy just feels good...even if you get a little buyer's remorse later!

No comments:

Post a Comment